Tuesday, May 22, 2007

a damn long post

More rides today! Went to the Islands of Adventure, took some roller coaster rides, the hulk one was super damn fun, spent a lot of time waiting but it was worth it I guess. But there were still some stupid ones which were totally not worth the time waiting. And we played the carousel too! Hahhaha, don’t even rmb when I was the last time I ride on a carousel la. Took a lot of pictures again, and entrance is free again. Haha. Damn good.

Anyway, islands of adventure has all the comic characters like spiderman and the hulk. And they have shop houses that look exactly like cartoon! I saw our cartoon houses man, jialin. Lol. O, we took this spiderman ride. HELL LOTS OF FUN! Its indoor and we have to wear those shades, there were real water and fire! And spidey was there to save us! Haha. Feels real as though they were really attacking us. Good one there!

Then some of us went to Denny’s to have dinner. It was good! portions too without saying.. I feel damn fat already, yet still lazy to run and all. Shucks man. Hurhur. Its quite a long day, feel damn sleepy at 10pm. Good that my body clock is back to normal now, lol. Its Ben’s 23rd tomorrow in US time, we are gonna give him surprise at 12am, I will probably sleep abit first. Yawns… got department training tomorrow morning, so will prob see what I am gonna do exactly with the chui uniform and I forgot to add that they made me wear the berms at my waist not hips.. HURHUR..

On FRIDAY had training at Happy Habor, they have some new rides which need to be tested. So I was sitting on the rides most of the time, quite boring after a while, but at least im getting paid fully. And guess what.. I went to the gym to run! Since how many months? Like one month plus? Haha.. and I was supposed to meet terence in the gym cuz he was already there.. but apparently I went to a different gym, so we didn’t meet. Anyway the point is… I RAN!! Haha. Dinner was cooked by Shawn and Jing, not bad la, had rice,chicken and eggs, reminds me of home cooked food. After dinner da boys came over and we played taboo! Haha it was damn fun, when you see how some ppl describe things and sometimes with the actions. I remembered zhihao tried to turn his head when trying to describe ‘carousel’. I swear it was damn funny man. Lastly, me and terence watched one episode of jap drama, hot guy and girl, but the subtitle is in singlish, damn funny la. Waste money on singlish subtitle. Haha.

SAT had training again! Went to work with this Bulgarian girl who happen to work at happy habor also, and she stays just next block. More rides today.. was sitting the sea carousel the whole day! Dunno how many hours/cycles. Fun but you get sick of it after soooo many rides. Hate training cuz you dunno anything and cant do anything. Owell inevitable I guess, im sure it will be better when da rides are opened next week. Haha! Got my schedule for next week already, working everyday except for Tuesday and Wednesday. And guess what, Thursday my shift starts at 630am! Totally crazy, park is not even opened yet. Bet I will be doing some crappy work like cleaning. Baa!

And its been a week since I left Singapore, was talking to Cass about this.. then she asked me ‘how?’ and I said I must get apples no matter what. Haha, da thing is she is asking about how she thinks about the life here so far, but im talking about our groceries stock. Lol. Anyway, I quite like it here, the locals, the clique here, the lifestyle and all. Cant wait to meet more people, make more friends and get my job done. The locals are rather friendly, they are always greeting, smiling and talking. Small things but it will just make my day and make me smile and we don’t really see this in Singapore.

SUNDAY I went for the actual work shifts where I have duty at stations at the slides and nets, nets are nets where ist high and people climb up, go through tunnel and all. So basically I just stand there make sure they are going the right way, they play safe and watch the active kids and panting parents. Haha, they should exercise more man. Working at happy habor would be fun with all the kids I believe, but its all kids la, only some adults.. hurhur, so cant really people watch. Only kid and parents watch. Haha. Shifts go by every hour, we will go to different places every hour, or sometimes we sweep. Sweep is like the inevitable duty for everyone anywhere thou I haven done it yet. Soon I believe.

Sunday there was a concert at Hard Rock’s cafĂ©. So almost the whole world went, left me and terence who worked till 7pm. So we went out for dinner, since he was sick of cooking dinner already. Haha. Anyway it was a good dinner, we went to this Japanese restaurant called Ran-Getsu—mamamia man I swear. Haha. Then we started talking abit to this lady sitting beside us at the sushi bar who is a regular there, with the chef, if that’s what you call at the bar too. She told us that this restaurant only has two branches, one in Orlando and one in Japan. Cool huh, and its really good. They have some people playing birthday song the Japanese way to a table just now, and also wedding song to an old couple. Nice right. I think it’s a pity that I hate seaweed, think I am missing out quite a lot of food. Somehow the chef got to know that I hate seaweed, then he was saying I should have told him so he could replace it with soil paper. Damn cool right! Haha. He showed us and the regular lady one soil paper in pink, then we all tried eating. Lol, it taste like nothing, wasn’t too bad, good for people like me who don’t eat seaweed. And we tried alligator meat!! Lol, taste quite like chicken la, plus I suck at differentiating meat, I just do good at the consuming part. Too bad I didn’t take my camera out, cuz didn’t wanna risk leaving it around when I haven get my locker yet.

Haha anyway oop now, im watching tv and there is this old lady hosting a show called ‘talk sex’, answering questions from the people who called in, talking and showing abt some sex toys. can you imagine its an old lady? Kinda weird. they also have a lot of funny channels/shows/adverts here, like praying channels, Viagra advert, a lot of weight loss advert. Btw im blogging with Microsoft word now cuz I cant get the internet since Thursday or Friday I think. Sucks man. It will be a damnnn long post man.. Finally blog and photos!! just got back from work, home alone now.. :(

3 comments:

  1. omg you went through with it! rebecca here anyways, IM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. many! haha.. it's me!! come by my blog when u have the time! missing you! hope you're having fun in the US of A!

    ReplyDelete
  3. becca- haha yup! dont be jealous! you can come next time too!! :)

    shawn- boo! can email me your add again? ehehehhe. i misssss you too!!

    ReplyDelete